HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) – Get ready, parents! Registration for the popular “Summer Change” program will soon begin in the city.
Between May 8 and May 12, parents can register their keiki depending on the program geographical park district.
- District 1 (East Honolulu): May 8 from 4:00 p.m
- District 2 (Honolulu West): May 9 from 4 p.m
- District 3 (Leeward Oahu): May 10 from 4 p.m
- District 4 (Windward & North Oahu): May 11 from 4:00 p.m
- District 5 (Central Oahu): May 12 from 4 p.m
This year’s summer fun program runs from June 13 to July 28 and costs up to $125 per keiki.
It is open to keiki 6 years old (by August 1, 2023) and no more than 13 years old (by July 28, 2023).
The city also wants to hire about 500 people to help with the program, with positions ranging from recreation assistants to pool lifeguards. These employees can earn at least $15.56 an hour.
The summer recreation program is the largest of its kind in Hawaii, serving nearly 10,000 keiki and teens at 57 locations around Oahu.
click on here for more information.
Copyright 2023 News Hawaii Now. All rights reserved.