Two people were hospitalized and an animal was injured in a Lincoln house fire

LINCOLN, Neb. (COLON) – Two people were taken to the hospital after a house fire east of Lincoln High School Saturday morning.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to a report of a house fire near S 25th and J streets just after 6 a.m. Several crews were on the scene by 10:30 a.m.

According to Battalion Chief Jim Bopp, two members of the family were taken to hospital and the others were able to escape. The extent of the injuries is not yet known.

Firefighters also rescued three animals from the home. One went to animal control for treatment.

According to LFR, the fire may have started on the first floor, but the fire inspector is working to determine the official cause.

Stay with 1011now.com for updates on this developing story.

The Latest

To Top