CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) –
The Cheyenne Board of Public Utilities (BOPU) will implement a new annual irrigation schedule beginning April 1, 2023.
The changes in the irrigation schedule are as follows:
▪ The new irrigation schedule is valid throughout the year
▪ From April 1 to November 30, it is forbidden to water lawns, trees and gardens from 10 am to 6 pm.
▪ Customers can water lawns up to three days a week from April 1 to November 30.
▪ It is forbidden to water the lawn from December 1 to March 31.
▪ Customers can water trees and gardens as needed according to the new schedule. ▪ It is forbidden to waste water, such as watering during strong winds, rain and/or running water on the street.
▪ To plant new seeds or new seeds, customers must obtain an irrigation permit and amend the soil. visit https://www.cheyennebopu.org/Cheyennes-Water/Water-Conservation/New-Lawn-Permit for a free permit.
▪ Water table exemption available.
The decision was made to make minor changes to the city’s irrigation schedule to promote more efficient water use and prepare residents for possible water shortages due to the shrinking Colorado River. These changes also align with the City Council’s 2023 goal of achieving a water-free landscape in Cheyenne. BOPU will continue to assess water resources and make appropriate adjustments as necessary.
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.