LINCOLN, Neb. (COLOGNE) – Several streets will be temporarily closed on Saturday Lincoln Track Club’s Spring Run.
The Lincoln Department of Transportation and Services has announced temporary street closures throughout Lincoln during the race. The race begins at 8 a.m. with the start and finish line at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo.
Lincoln Police will monitor intersections along the race route. LTU encourages the public to seek alternate routes and plan for traffic delays during the tournament.
Streets temporarily affected are:
- “A” Street from 27th Street South to Capital Parkway is closed From 6 o’clock to noon.
- Calvert Streets from South 48th to South 56th Streets is closed from 6 a.m. to noon.
- A line east of Regular Boulevard from “A” to Myrtle Streets is closed 6 to 9 in the morning
- A southern line South 56th Street from Myrtle to Calvert Streets is closed 6 to 9 in the morning
- Eastern direction line Calvert Street from South 48th Street to Sheridan Boulevard is closed 6 to 10 in the morning
- A northern lane South 27th Street from Washington to “B” Streets is closed From 6 o’clock to noon.
LTU encourages northbound and southbound drivers to use 27th and 70th streets, and eastbound and westbound drivers to use Randolph Street and Pioneer Boulevard to cross the racetrack.
The following routes are also used in the competition:
- Billy Wolfe Trail from “A” Street to South Boulevard until 9 o’clock in the morning
- Rock Island Road from A Street to Old Cheney Road until 11 a.m
Copyright 2023 KOLN. All rights reserved.