Investigators: An electric stove in the kitchen started the fire in Hauula’s house

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) – The Honolulu Fire Department has ruled the fire at a Hauula home accidental.

Fire investigators said the blaze started from an electric stove in the kitchen.

The fire broke out around 9:15 Sunday morning near Kavaevae Road.

Authorities said they found smoke coming from the home, but no one was home at the time of the fire.

The fire was extinguished by 9:50

Property damage is estimated at $50,000 and contents at $5,000.

The Latest

To Top