-2 days: this marks the countdown for the event Unpacked presentation of the highly anticipated Galaxy S23 (here you can find our in-depth analysis with everything you need to know).
Although it is known practically Every detail of the new tops of Samsungthey come out every day leak that report interesting aspects or maybe less advertised, and today’s one focuses on the software part. Together with serie S23the Korean house will in fact present the new one One UI 5.1 based on Android 13which, as a minor update, features a novelty series. Let’s go and discover them all!
Follow AndroidWorld on News
If in fact A UI 5.0 represented an important step for Samsung and its devices, as the numbering suggests, One UI 5.1 is more focused on small changes and new functionality marginal, in some cases exclusives of some devices. Nevertheless there are many points of interest, such as the new AI reset dedicated to the new camera Galaxy S23.
But let’s not waste time and see them all.
- Changing the temperature of a selfie just got easier. The Effects button on the edge lets you easily change the hue of your selfies
- Quick access to Expert RAW. The Expert RAW app allows you to capture high-quality images without any processing or compression, allowing for more accurate editing later. Accessing the app is now easier from the menu Advance.
- Joint family album. This function remembers the Shared photo library launched by Apple with iOS 16.1. As the name implies, it is a family album shared with members of one’s family. The app Galleria recommends photos to add to the shared family album by recognizing family faces and offers 5GB of storage space per family member (up to 6 people).
- Automatic improvements. The Gallery app automatically removes shadows and reflections to enhance photos and even animated GIFs
- Convenient information screen. When viewing an image or video, if you swipe up, you can see at a glance when and where the image was taken, on which device, where it is stored and more (this feature also remember iOS).
- More powerful search. Now you can search for more than one person or object at a time, even without tagging names but by touching faces
- Choose a location to save screenshots. Now you can save screenshots and screen recordings in a folder of your choice by setting it in advanced features.
- Zona AR ed Emoji AR:
- Emoji AR now allows you to use 3 emojis. AR Zone is Samsung’s software suite for turn photos into emojisand now lets you take funny photos and videos of up to three friends by replacing their faces with emojis
- AR Doodle: Improvements and new features. Brushes are now available on the AR Doodle main screen, and among the new features we have the ability to resize and move drawings after creating them and the new eraser tool to erase even part of the drawings
- New battery widget. With the new battery widget you can check the battery level of your Galaxy devices such as Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch and other supported devices, directly from the home screen (again we find a function reminiscent of iOS).
- Intuitive weather widget. The weather widget has been revamped and offers clearer, more immediate information
- Modes and scenarios:
- Different backgrounds depending on the mode. Ability to set different wallpapers on lock screen and on the home screen depending on the activities (iOS?). You can choose a background for work, one for sport and more by setting different modes.
- More conditions and actions for scenarios. When you activate a mode, airplane or hotspot, you can run scripts to open some apps, adjust the left/right audio balance and more. New Actions now let you control Quick Share and touch sensitivity, as well as change the ringtone and font style.
- Collaboration in Samsung Notes. Ability to create a shared note that multiple people can edit at the same time. You can write a report with colleagues, take notes for a study group, or draw a picture with a friend. The possibilities are endless (ahem, Freeform didn’t invent anything but it can’t help but come to mind).
- Inviting to shared apps made easy. Now you can easily invite people to shared albums, notes and calendars using a link that can be sent between apps like messemessagginger, email and social networks.
- Advanced multiple controls between Galaxy Book and smartphone. Now you can use the Galaxy Book mouse, keyboard or trackpad not only with your Galaxy tablet, but also with your Galaxy smartphone. You can easily copy and paste text and drag and drop images from one device to another as if it were the same device. Only available on select Galaxy Phones, Galaxy Tabs, and Galaxy Book devices. Works on tablets with One UI 4.1 or later, phones with One UI 5.1 or later, and Galaxy Book series released in 2021 or later with Samsung v1.5 (Intel) or Samsung Settings v3.3 (ARM). Feature availability may vary by device model.
- Multimedia output for Wi-Fi speakers. If you want to continue listening to music on Wi-Fi speakers via Spotify Connect and Chromecast built-in, simply open the media output from the quick access toolbar, not from music apps. The Wi-Fi speaker needs to be configured in advance to connect to the Wi-Fi speaker.
- Continue browsing on your PC. If you browse the Internet on your smartphone with Samsung Browser and then continue browsing on your PC, you will find the websites you have opened on your smartphone and continue to consult them with your PC browser. This feature requires a PC running Windows 20H1 or later, and the phone connection and Windows connection must be updated to the latest version.
- Samsung DeX:
- Improved multitasking in DeX. In split screen mode, you can now drag the splitter to the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also dock a window to one of its corners so that it takes up a quarter of the screen.
- Settings tips. Tips now appear at the top of the settings screen, letting you know about useful features to try or settings that need your attention so you can enable or try them right away.
- Samsung Browser:
- Improved search. You can now search by folder name in bookmarks or by group name in tabs. The improved search logic allows you to find what you are looking for, even if something is spelled incorrectly.
- Setup Wizard:
- Faster and easier initial setup of the new Galaxy. If you are switching to a new Galaxy from a Galaxy or other Android device, simply scan the QR code on the old device to automatically migrate your Wi-Fi networks, Samsung account and Google account to the new device to transfer without type anything. Only available for Galaxy S23 series and above with BLE technology.
- Weather forecast:
- Detailed weather information at a glance. Useful weather information is now displayed on the Weather app home screen, where you can also check severe weather alerts, daily weather reports, hourly rainfall, and temperature graphs
- Bixby text calls. Use Bixby text calls to automatically answer calls and find out the purpose of the call. You can see what the caller is saying in a text chat, and you can tap or type responses to have the caller read them aloud. Bixby text calls are only available in English and Korean.
In short, as you can see, the new features they are not few, and as usual Samsung, will likely be released in short times to supported devices.
We remind you that the new ones Galaxy S23 con One UI 5.1 will be presented on February 1 at 19.