Two months have passed since Huawei had announced the arrival of its Mate 50 series to the world. Today the company officially presents its Pro variant for the Italian market. Huawei Mate 50 Pro is probably the smartphone premium that many were waiting, with a lot of emphasis especially on the photographic part and still with some shadow on the software.
- Display: 6,74″ (2.616 x 1.212 pixel) FHD+ OLED, 1.07 billion colors, P3 wide color gamut, 120 Hz refresh rate, 1440 Hz high frequency PWM dimming, 300 Hz touch sampling rate
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G (Octa-core, 1 × [email protected] + 3 × [email protected] + 4 × [email protected])
- GPU: Adreno, Qualcomm seventh generation AI engine
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage interno: 256GB expandable through NM memories
- Rear camera:
- Principal: 50 megapixel super optical con apertura variabile f/1.4-f/4 aperture, OIS
- Wide angle: 13 megapixel Cine camera with f / 2.2 aperture
- periscope: 64 megapixel con apertura f/3.5, 3.5x optical zoom, 100x digital zoom, OIS, LED flash
- Front camera: 13 megapixel ultra-wide-angle con apertura f/2.4, 3D depth camera
- Safety: 3D face recognition, fingerprint sensor under the display
- Audio: USB Type-C audio jack, Stereo speaker
- Connectivity: 4G Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2 × 2 MIMO, HE160, 4096 QAM, 8 Spatial-stream Sounding MU-MIMO (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Support GPS (L1 + L5 dual frequency)/AGPS/GLONASS/Beidou (B1I + B1C + B2a triple frequency)/GALILEO (E1 + E5a dual frequency)/QZSS (L1 + L5 dual frequency)/NavIC, Bluetooth 5.2, supports low-power Bluetooth, supports SBC, AAC, and supports LDAC high-definition audio, NFC
- Battery: 4.700 mAh con 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge, 50W Huawei wireless super fast charging, wireless reverse charging.
- Porte: USB Type-C, USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Dimensions: 162.1 × 75.5 × 8.5mm (Glass) / 9.2mm (Leather)
- Weight: 205g (Kunlun Dawn, Kunlun Xiaguang) / 209g (Streamer Purple, Frost Silver, Obsidian Black)
- Certifications: IP68 rating
- Operating system: Harmony OS 3.0
Once again the technical specifications of this Huawei Mate 50 Pro are impressive.
The data sheet tells of a smartphone that wants to be complete on as many aspects as possible, with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, a 120 Hz refresh OLED screen, 3D face unlock (the only one in the Android world with this technology) , 50W wireless charging and an extremely refined design.
But it is on the camera that all eyes focus. Especially because the 50 megapixel XMAGE main camera (together with the XD Fusion Pro image processor) is the first with a variable aperture between ƒ / 1.4 and ƒ / 4 with 10 intermediate steps. This will allow the most savvy photographer to calibrate the aperture based on whether he wants greater or lesser depth, without necessarily having to exploit software tricks. Also interesting is the wide-angle camera with auto focus (and therefore macro) and the 64 megapixel 3.5X zoom.
Some shadows on the absence of 5G (due to the limits imposed by national embargoes) and on a battery that is not the most capacious.
We will obviously evaluate in the review phase.
Huawei’s EMUI 13 is then made Super. It is undoubtedly a marketing operation but there are still some interesting ideas.
- SuperHold: intelligently allocates memory so apps can run smoothly at the same time
- SuperRender: Reduces power consumption by predicting the framerate when playing games
- SuperStorage: Automatically removes duplicate files and compresses less used apps
- SuperEnergy Boosting: allows you to make three hours of standby or 12 minutes of calls with the phone at 1% autonomy
Huawei Mate 50 Pro will then be the stage for the official debut in Italy of Huawei Pay, in collaboration with Intesa Sanpaolo and PagoBancomat. Users who activate it by November 30 will receive a € 5 Amazon voucher. Compatibility is therefore still extremely low, but it is certainly a good sign, in one of the areas (that of mobile payments) where the EMUI 13 certainly suffered more than its competitors.
Price and availability
Huawei Mate 50 Pro (in the only 8/256 cut) will be available immediately on the Huawei Store at 1.199€ in black color. That silver will arrive shortly. Until November 17, you can get the Huawei Freebuds Pro 2, 6 months warranty against screen breakage and 200 GB of Huawei cloud space for 3 months.
Until November 30, however, it will be possible to obtain 2 months of Infinity + by downloading the relative app from AppGallery.
Stay tuned to our pages to find out if this new smartphone premium will be able to lie to the high expectations that its technical data sheet has created in many and even if the need for a Play Store that does not exist has still been a little further away from the progress of AppGallery.