Restrictions and construction will begin on Monday, October 24th at 6am
YUMA, Ariz. (KYMA, KECY) – The Arizona Department of Transportation has announced that starting Monday, October 24th at 6:00 a.m., restrictions will be in place for repairs on I-8 near Welton.
The Interstate 8: Welton to 36E Avenue pedestrian extension will have crews replacing the pavement and making spot repairs.
Construction will be completed by the end of winter 2023 and the restrictions will be in place Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Here are the limitations:
- I-8 has one lane in both directions between mile marker 29 near Welton and mile marker 36.6 on 36E Avenue.
- There is a 14-foot vehicle width limit.
- The speed limit has been reduced to 45 mph.
- Limits will be in 3 mile increments.
- The restrictions were lifted on Veterans Day, the Thanksgiving holiday from November 23-25, 28.