BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) ––– Baton Rouge General (BRG) begins ‘Boo the Flu’ on October 17th. That means two weeks of flu shots at local YMCAs.
The BRG says to get your flu shot by the end of October to make sure you’re protected throughout the season.
Anyone age three and older can receive vaccines, regardless of insurance status. You are required to bring a valid photo ID and insurance card. BRG says there are other payment options if you don’t have insurance.
Dates and locations of flu vaccination events:
- Monday, October 17: 8-11 a.m., Americana YMCA, 4200 Liberty Way, Zachary
- Wednesday, October 19: 8am-noon, AC Lewis YMCA, 350 S. Foster Dr., NO
- Saturday, October 22: 8 am-noon
- Paula G. Manship YMCA, 8100 YMCA Plaza Dr., NO
- Dow Westside YMCA, 3688 Sugar Plantation Pkwy., Addis
- Tuesday, October 25: 9am-noon, CB Pennington Jr. YMCA, 15550 Old Hammond Hwy., NO
- Wednesday, October 26: 8-11 a.m., ExxonMobil YMCA, 7717 Howell Blvd., NO
- Saturday, October 29: 8am-noon, Paula G. Manship YMCA, 8100 YMCA Plaza Dr., NO
For more information, call Baton Rouge Family Medical Center at (225) 763-4500.