Live, love — and laugh a lot! Sharon Osbourne shared the secret of her long and healthy marriage with her husband Ozzy Osbourne while she revealed little-known facts about herself exclusively Us Weekly.
“The person who makes me laugh the most is my husband,” said Sharon (70). Us, noting that one of the “craziest” gifts she ever received was a hat from her beau. “First of all, it didn’t fit, and it was a straw hat with a flower in it. I think it was meant for a baby!” the talk show host joked.
The couple, who married in 1982, share a daughter Aimee and Kellyand son Jack. The duo recently took to social media to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary in July.
“40 years ago today! Happy anniversary my love,” the 73-year-old Black Sabbath rocker wrote via Instagram alongside a sweet snap of Sharon in a matching white dress and veil. For his part, Ozzy can be seen standing next to her in a white suit with a vine of leaves draped around his neck.
The Lucifer The alum, meanwhile, also marked the milestone with a sweet message to her husband.
“Celebrating 40 years of marriage to my darling Ozzy,” Sharon captioned a photo of the two. “We met for the first time when I was 18 years old, for over 52 years we have been friends, lovers, husband and wife, grandparents and kindred spirits. Always on top of each other. I love you Ozzy ~ Sharrrrrrron.”
While the Osbourne brood is one of Hollywood’s most beloved and famous families – they even have their own MTV reality show, The Osbournesfrom 2002 to 2005 — Sharon and Ozzy briefly called it quits in May 2016 before rekindling their romance that September.
“Thirty-five years with someone is a hell of a long time. And I think I fell out of love with my husband and then I fell again,” Sharon admitted during one episode The Talkadding that Ozzy was “trying so hard to be a better person.”
“I just had a new found love,” ex The X Factor The judge explained, “and I respected him because he is seriously trying to be a better person.”
While filming so many reality shows — from The Osbournes on VH1 Charmed School and The Sharon Osbourne Show — certainly has its challenges Austin Powers said the star Us to mostly look back on that experience with joy.
“My favorite memory from filming The Osbournes was the whole thing — it was a blast,” she shared, noting that while she spent a lot of time in front of the camera, “you’ll find me laying on the couch with 10 dogs and my hubby, in tracksuits and watching TV” on any given Sunday afternoon.
Life now is about being a grandma, as Sharon said Us is “wonderful” because she “likes to go back in time with her children”. Sharon is grandmother to four children: Pearl, 10, Andy, 7, and Minnie, 4, whom Jack shares with his ex-wife Lisa Stellyand Maple Artemis, whom Jack welcomed with his fiancee Aree Gearhart in July. For her part, Kelly announced that she is expecting her first child with her boyfriend Sid Wilson in May.
Keep scrolling for more candid confessions from Sharon:
1. One place that everyone should visit is London. The most common thing fans say to me on the street is, “How’s Ozzy and the family doing?”
2. The most British thing I do is collect royal family memorabilia. I’m obsessed!
3. The dream hair color I would love to try is purple, like Kelly.
4. I was most amazed when I met myself Bette Midler.
5. My favorite books are any Charles Dickens or Jane Austen.
6. One of the stupidest things Ozzy ever bought me was a hat. First of all, it didn’t fit, and it was a straw hat with a flower in it. I think it was meant for a baby!
7. The best advice I’ve ever received is how precious time is.
8. My most memorable moment from [hosting VH1 reality series] Charm School was the end of the series!
9. My favorite wardrobe item is a camel coat.
10. The person who makes me laugh the most is my husband.
11. The weirdest thing in my house is the taxidermy mice I hide in corners to scare people.
12. My #1 beauty product is Augustinus Bader Skin Care.
13. On a typical Sunday afternoon, you’d find me lying on the couch with 10 dogs and my hubby, in sweatpants, watching TV.
14. A common misconception about me is that I’m heavy.
15. The first concert I ever attended was the Everly Brothers.
16. The meal I prepare best in the kitchen is cheese on toast.
17. The most embarrassing moment on the set was when my tooth fell out [while filming The Talk].
18. My favorite memory from the shoot The Osbournes it was the whole thing – it was just a blast.
19. My favorite movie is The Godfather.
20. My favorite vacation spot is Italy.
21. I have 14 pets: 10 dogs and four cats!
22. I would like to play the piano, but I don’t have a musical bone in my body.
23. My favorite binge show is Game of Thrones.
24. My favorite thing about being a grandma is going back in time with my kids. It’s wonderful!